Deuteronomy 32:4 He is the Rock, his work is perfect: for all his ways are judgment: a God of truth and without iniquity, just and right is he.
The God of the Bible is a God of truth. All His “commandments are truth” (Psalm 119:151), and “all his works are done in truth” (Psalm 33:4). He is “plenteous in mercy and truth” (Psalm 86:15), so much so that the Bible says His “mercy is great unto the heavens,” and His “truth unto the clouds” (Psalm 57:10). Absolutely nothing about the Lord contains any falsehood. In fact, each member of the Godhead is said to be truth. The Father is a “God of truth” (Deuteronomy 32:4), the Son is “the truth” (John 14:6), and the Spirit is “the Spirit of truth” (John 14:17). On the other hand, the Devil is the great enemy of truth. The Bible says of him, “there is no truth in him” (John 8:44).
• (For children): God is true (Exodus 34:6; John 1:1, 14; 1 John 5:6). He cannot lie (Titus 1:2; Hebrews 6:18:a). Satan lies and deceives (Luke 8:12; 2 Corinthians 4:3-4; 2 Corinthians 11:13-14; 2 Thessalonians 2:9). Whom would you rather serve (Joshua 24:15)?
• (For everyone): Who is the source of all truth? Why is this so important to know? Are we able to trust what the Lord has said? Are we able to trust that all the Lord has done is done in truth?
• The Devil is the enemy of the truth. What does the Devil do in people’s lives in order to try to discourage them from hearing, loving, and obeying the truth?
• Thank God for the fact that He can be trusted!
• Ask the Lord to help you discern lies from the truth.
SONG: ALL GLORY BE THINE