Galatians 5:16 This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.
17 For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.
18 But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.
19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.
Many have erroneously suggested that witchcraft is a spiritual gift, but the Bible plainly declares that it is instead a work of the flesh. As such, it is anti-Spirit and lustful. It is of the same kind as adultery, idolatry, hatred, heresies, murders, and drunkenness. No Christian who finds joy in these practices can rightly claim to be led of the Spirit, and so it is with Christians involved in witchcraft at any level. Unfortunately, many beguiled saints have grown increasingly accepting of witchcraft, at times even suggesting there are hidden scriptural messages. Men should not be deceived into thinking that God will partner with a work of the flesh to accomplish His work.
• (For children): God hates witchcraft (Exodus 22:18; Micah 5:12). If you are attracted to it, it is not God doing it (James 1:13) but your own desires and longings (James 1:14). Remember, in God’s eyes there is no such thing as a “good” witch no matter how the world dresses them up to appear so (1 John 4:1).
• (For everyone): No man can rightly suggest that God led him to get drunk or to commit adultery. Yet, why do you think people justify witchcraft as a harmless endeavour?
• The works of the flesh have bombarded man’s entertainment. Do you find witchcraft, adultery, and drunkenness entertaining?
• Ask God to help you rid your life of the works of the flesh.
• Ask God to give you wisdom to know what is right and wrong.
SONG: TAKE MY LIFE, AND LET IT BE