1 Samuel 12:23 Moreover as for me, God forbid that I should sin against the LORD in ceasing to pray for you: but I will teach you the good and the right way:
24 Only fear the LORD, and serve him in truth with all your heart: for consider how great things he hath done for you.
God wants man to serve Him in truth. This was the message of Joshua when he admonished the people to “fear the LORD, and serve him in sincerity and in truth” (Joshua 24:14). It was the message of Samuel when he proclaimed, “Only fear the LORD, and serve him in truth with all your heart” (1 Samuel 12:24). It was also the message of the apostle Paul when he declared, “Therefore let us keep the feast, not with old leaven, neither with the leaven of malice and wickedness; but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth” (1 Corinthians 5:8). It is perhaps this very issue that will determine “of what sort” man’s work is at the judgment seat of Christ (1 Corinthians 3:13).
• (For children): God’s ways are righteous (Psalm 145:17). He wants us to follow His ways (Deuteronomy 10:12-13). Which men served the Lord in truth: Genesis 39:9; 1 Samuel 8:1-3; Daniel 1:8; Daniel 3:17-18; Daniel 6:10; Job 2:3? Psalm 26:1-3 should be our prayer.
• (For everyone): Read John 4:23. In what two things does the Lord say the Father is to be worshipped? How does this relate to serving the Lord in truth?
• Are you serving the Lord? If so, are you serving Him in sincerity and in truth? How will this pay off at the judgment seat of Christ?
• Ask the Lord to show you your motive in serving Him.
• Thank God for the opportunity to do something for Him.
SONG: I AM RESOLVED