Titus 1:15 Unto the pure all things are pure: but unto them that are defiled and unbelieving is nothing pure; but even their mind and conscience is defiled.
Believers should seek to be pure in every facet of life. One might consider limiting this to the places he goes or the things he hears and sees, but purity demands a much greater focus. Believers ought to think on pure things (Philippians 4:8) with pure minds (2 Peter 3:1) and pure consciences (1 Timothy 3:9; 2 Timothy 1:3). In particular, believers should have pure hearts before the Lord (1 Timothy 1:5; 2 Timothy 2:22). A pure heart will lead to a pure conscience and a pure mind. A pure heart changes where a man goes, what he looks upon, and the things he allows to enter into his ears. Every Christian should strive to make sure that all things are pure.
· (For children): God tells us to keep our hearts clean and think upon good things. He reveals that what we continue to think on in our hearts is where we end up (Proverbs 23:7). Would it be good to think about how to play nicely with others? Why?
· (For everyone): Why is it so important to have a pure mind, conscience, and heart? How can impurities in one area of our life harmfully affect the purity of other areas?
· What are some things that could harm your purity of mind? What could happen to cause you to lose the purity of your conscience? What could enter your heart to make it impure?
· Ask the Lord to guard you from impure thoughts.
· Ask the Lord to show you the importance of inward purity.
Song: Take Time to Be Holy