2 Corinthians 12:11 I am become a fool in glorying; ye have compelled me: for I ought to have been commended of you: for in nothing am I behind the very chiefest apostles, though I be nothing.
12 Truly the signs of an apostle were wrought among you in all patience, in signs, and wonders, and mighty deeds.
13 For what is it wherein ye were inferior to other churches, except it be that I myself was not burdensome to you? forgive me this wrong.
The church of God at Corinth offered the apostle Paul some type of support which he refused to receive from them. The Bible does not tell us whether Paul’s actions toward this church were appropriate. However, we do know that Paul admitted the possibility that he could have been wrong and asked for their forgiveness in the matter. We are not informed exactly why he asked for their forgiveness, but the Bible simply states that he might have wronged these believers. Paul wrote more books of the Bible than anyone else and was not “behind the very chiefest apostles” (2 Corinthians 12:11). Yet, he did not use his vaunted position or noted authority to avoid responsibility for his actions. Instead, he sought forgiveness from these carnal Corinthians. Believers today should likewise follow the apostle Paul’s example of seeking forgiveness from those whom they have wronged or even those possibly wronged. Who is right or wrong lacks relevance when it comes to one’s relationship with fellow believers no matter the position or station in life!
· (For children): When we treat someone wrong, mom or dad usually makes us tell that person that we’re sorry. The Lord would like for us to learn to say we’re sorry without having to be told to do so.
· (For everyone): Are you full of pride? Do you struggle to apologize to those you have wronged? Do you need to apologize to your spouse, your children, your friends, or someone else? Seek their forgiveness and seek it now!
· Have you ruined relationships in the past because of your pride? Humble yourself and seek the forgiveness of those you have wronged.
· Ask God to bring to mind those you may have wronged.
· Ask God to humble you to seek their forgiveness.
SONG: Have I Done My Best?