Revelation 2:18 And unto the angel of the church in Thyatira write; These things saith the Son of God, who hath his eyes like unto a flame of fire, and his feet are like fine brass;
19 I know thy works, and charity, and service, and faith, and thy patience, and thy works; and the last to be more than the first.
God knows everything about everything, yet Christians sometimes act as though He has some debilitating limitations. Once again, the Bible shines the light of truth upon the matter. It reveals that He is great, “and of great power: his understanding is infinite” (Psalm 147:5). In fact, we are told that His eyes “are in every place, beholding the evil and the good” (Proverbs 15:3). In other words, God knows everything about you and everyone else. This includes the good and the bad! The Son of God proclaimed to the church at Thyatira in the book of Revelation that He knew their works, charity, service, faith, and patience. He too knows about your faith or the lack thereof! He knows the content, strength, and reality of that faith. Man can and will fool others and frequently even deceives himself (Jeremiah 17:9), but man has no capacity to mislead God. The Lord knows those who believe and accept His word as the perfect word of God and He is not unrighteous to forget (Hebrews 6:10).
· (For children): Jeremiah 16:17 says our ways are not hid from God’s face. He sees what we are doing even when we think no one else sees us. We need to believe God’s word and do right at all times because He sees everything all the time.
· (For everyone): One day, all those who are saved will stand at the Judgment Seat of Christ to give an account of their lives. Perhaps one aspect of this account will address our level of faith toward the words of God. How will you fair under the Almighty’s scrutiny?
· Does it bother you to know that God knows your level of faith? Does this realization make you want to increase in faith in order to please Him?
· Ask God to give you a realistic view of your faith.
· Pray that God will help you to have a real, strong, and lasting faith in Him.
SONG: Cleanse Me