Acts 13:52 And the disciples were filled with joy, and with the Holy Ghost.
As we have previously studied, God is the believer’s source of joy. Specifically, God’s indwelling presence makes this an accessible virtue. The Lord indwells those who are saved and does so through the person of the Holy Ghost. It should, therefore, come as no surprise that the disciples who were filled with the Holy Ghost were also filled with joy. God identifies the nature of the kingdom of God as “righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost” (Romans 14:17). This is why the Bible includes joy and peace when it defines the nine-fold fruit of the Spirit (Galatians 5:22). This is why the believers in Thessalonica received the word “with joy of the Holy Ghost” (1 Thessalonians 1:6). The more the Holy Ghost has control, the more joy from the Lord a man will experience.
· (For children): The Holy Ghost is God. He comes to live inside of us the moment we get saved. We can’t see Him, yet, He guides us, teaches us, and helps us to remember God’s word. Every one of us should obey the Bible so that we can have joy from serving Jesus.
· (For everyone): Does God have full access to your life? Are you surrendered to the Lord? Have you given yourself wholly to Him?
· Have you lost your joy? If so, what do you think is lacking in your life and walk? Can you pinpoint why you lack the joy of the Holy Ghost? Do you allow the Lord to have as much of you as He desires?
· Ask the Lord to guide you into His joy.
· Ask the Lord to consecrate you more to Himself through the inner workings of His Spirit.
Song: Have Thine Own Way, Lord!