Proverbs 19:14 House and riches are the inheritance of fathers: and a prudent wife is from the LORD.
An inheritance can come in many forms from those who have departed this life. It may include homes, cars, furnishings, and even one’s entire life savings. These treasures can help and bless those in need. However, no material blessings can surpass the spiritual blessings that come directly from the Lord. Material inheritances usually come from parents or other relatives, but the Bible points to an inheritance that only comes from the Lord: a prudent wife. We may consider prudence as an irreplaceable trait for a man, but this blessing holds true for a woman also. A prudent wife is of great worth and a wonderful gift from God. The Bible confirms that a man blessed with a prudent wife and children blessed with a prudent mother should thank the Lord.
- (For children): Elijah told a widow woman (who was gathering sticks to prepare the last bit of food she had) to first fix him a cake and God would bless her. Because the woman believed God, He kept filling her barrel of meal and cruse of oil. She was truly a wise mother.
- (For everyone): What are some of the benefits of being a prudent wife and mother? In what ways could prudence be a necessity for a lady who serves her family on a daily basis?
- In what ways could a prudent wife be a much better gift than the houses and riches of loved ones? Which one offers the most assuring and long lasting blessings?
- Thank God for blessing your wife or mother with prudence.
- Ask God to show you the importance of prudence in your life.
Song: Count Your Blessings