Ephesians 5:21 Submitting yourselves one to another in the fear of God.
One important aspect of submission to the Lord involves submitting to one another. Grasping this important truth would solve many of the problems in the world, home, and church. The Bible tells us that the younger are supposed to submit to the elder (1 Peter 5:5). Husbands and wives are to submit to each other (Ephesians 5:21-22; Colossians 3:18). Christians are to submit to those who labour in the work of the Lord (1 Corinthians 16:16), and those who rule over them (Hebrews 13:17). Instead of fighting for authoritative positions, we should first seek opportunities to submit ourselves to others for the glory of God. A pride-filled heart remains the biggest stumblingblock in the way of full submission.
• (For children): Why should we submit to our parents, our pastor, our Sunday School teacher? Ephesians 5:21 says to do it “in the fear of God.” We are to submit because God wants us to submit. He is on our side. Our home and our church will be happier when we submit to the will of God.
• (For everyone): To whom does God want you to submit? How could your obedience in this area bring glory to God? Why do you think people struggle so much submitting to authority?
• What happens when two people who are working together both want to be in charge? What would happen if the same two people were willing to submit to one another?
• Ask the Lord to give you a heart of humility.
• Ask God to help you to submit to others.
SONG: Our Best