2 Thessalonians 2:8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:
9 Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,
10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:
12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.
The Bible repeatedly points out that it is the will of God that all men “come unto the knowledge of the truth” (1 Timothy 2:4). For this reason, all men, at some point in their lives, are confronted with the truth. This includes those in the remotest parts of the world. At such time, each man must choose to receive or reject God’s truth. If man receives the initial truth he is given by the Lord, the Lord will undoubtedly offer him additional truth until that man has sufficient truth to believe on the Lord Jesus Christ for salvation. If man rejects the initial ray of truth from the Lord, the Lord has not bound Himself to give any additional light to that man. Unfortunately, far too many people have rejected the truth and fall into the second category of rejecters of truth. For those who reject the truth and find themselves in the End Times after the Rapture, God will “send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie.”
• (For children): Read God’s promise to those who want to know the truth (Jeremiah 29:13). When men choose not to believe (Isaiah 30:8-10; Jeremiah 36:21-24), God is not required to show them any further truth (Isaiah 29:10-14). Are you seeking the truth?
• (For everyone): Have you received the truth? If not, how much longer do you think God will continue to show you light? Why would you not trust the Lord and seek additional light from Him?
• Do you have loved ones who have rejected your gospel witness? Have you given up on them, knowing that their deaths will mean that they end up in hell? Would it not be worthwhile to again witness to them?
• Ask God to work in the hearts of your lost loved ones.
• Ask the Lord to keep your heart tender toward the truth.
SONG: GIVE ME JESUS