1 Corinthians 7:1 Now concerning the things whereof ye wrote unto me: It is good for a man not to touch a woman.
Modern society is increasingly mocking purity, yet God is pleased with those who endeavour to keep themselves pure before marriage. Increasing temptations combined with the declining standards concerning courting have made purity a rarity rather than the norm. Regardless of this trend, young people with a deep and abiding love for the Lord will continually strive to overcome these obstacles and remain pure. Those who have failed in the past will renew their commitment to the Lord seeking to prevent further regrets. This must be accomplished with a firm resolve. A young person must determine that he or she is going to respect the commandments of God and the other individual with whom he or she is courting. Beyond this, each young person must determine to build fences of protection to keep from entering into tempting situations. The Devil does not need much room to rob a youth of his or her purity (Ephesians 4:27).
- (For children): God wants us to live right (1 Thessalonians 4:7). The Devil does not (1 Peter 5:8). God is greater than the Devil (1 John 4:4) and will help you overcome any desire to do evil (1 Corinthians 10:13; 2 Peter 2:9a).
- (For everyone): Read 1 Corinthians 7:1 and 1 Thessalonians 5:22. What are some rules that a young person could establish to help protect his or her purity before marriage?
- What is the greatest area of vulnerability for a young man? What about for a young lady? How can this knowledge help a young person protect his or her purity?
- Ask the Lord to protect the purity of your young family members.
- Ask God to raise the standard of courting in your home.
SONG: TAKE TIME TO BE HOLY