James 1:5 If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.
God exhibits the perfect standard of righteousness through His character and work. Any person desiring to know the right way to do something should look to the Lord for his example. The Bible says that God gives liberally to man. If one needs wisdom, all he need do is to ask the Lord for wisdom and God promises to give man the wisdom and to give it in a liberal fashion. Fortunately, this promise is not in any way restricted exclusively to wisdom but also includes the manner in which God gives to man in other areas of life. Look no further than Calvary for proof of this truth. At Calvary, God gave liberally in the sacrifice of His Son. As a result of that sacrifice, God promises that whosoever will can come to God for salvation. Since God gives so liberally to man, how should man give to God?
- (For children): Psalm 68:19 tells us God “daily loadeth us with benefits.” Can you name some of those benefits? No matter what you give to the Lord, He gives back more abundantly to you. That is the meaning of Luke 6:38.
- (For everyone): In what areas has God given to you in a liberal manner? Have you ever found God to be stingy when you asked Him for anything? Was it something that you needed?
- Do you follow God’s example in giving? Do you give liberally to the Lord like He gives liberally to you? How does your liberality reflect your thankfulness to God or lack thereof?
- Thank God for giving liberally to you.
- Ask God to increase your love for Him.
SONG: I GAVE MY LIFE FOR THEE
Quotes from the next volume
(VOLUME 4, WEEK 19)
Subject: Jealousy (con’t)
Jealousy can be likened to a weapon. When this weapon rests in the bosom of someone with righteous motives, lives are spared. When it rests in the bosom of a fool, it leads to unjust destruction.
When men worship false gods, the Lord is stirred to jealousy.