Matthew 17:20 And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.
Our recent studies have revealed the importance of faith within the believer’s life along with his walk with the Lord. Yet, this study on faith can be overwhelming considering the emphasis placed upon it by God’s word. Fortunately, the Bible also teaches that even the smallest amount of faith produces some of the most remarkable outcomes for the glory of God. Though our passage directly centers on the Lord’s dealings through the apostles, the same principle applies to all—a little faith goes a long way. The believer should always ask for increased faith, yet never neglect the faith he now possesses. Daily, the Christian ought to pray in faith, read the Bible in faith, and witness in faith, while incorporating faith into every other aspect of his life and service. Take note that the believer does not benefit from waiting upon greater faith while failing to exercise the faith with which he has already been blessed. How’s your faith?
· (For children): Have you ever planted a tiny seed and watched it grow into a tall plant? God makes it grow. When you give a tract or quote a Bible verse to someone, the Bible likens this to planting a tiny seed in their hearts. Through prayer, God makes that seed grow so that the people can choose whether or not they want to hear and know more.
· (For everyone): It takes faith to get saved. If you are saved, then you have at least some level of faith. Are you daily allowing that faith to lead you to follow the Lord?
· Are you worried by thoughts that you do not have enough faith? Do you pray and witness, but wonder if your faith was strong enough? Don’t forget that a little faith goes a long way and ultimately the outcomes are dependent upon the Lord.
· Ask God to encourage you to exercise the faith that you have.
· Pray and ask God to take the faith that you have and build it up so that you can be more pleasing to Him.
SONG: I Know Whom I Have Believed