Romans 3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;
The word of God is truth (John 17:17). As such, it does not always paint man in a positive light, yet it always accurately portrays him. It is in this line of thinking that the Bible says, “there is none that doeth good, no, not one” (Psalm 14:3; Romans 3:12). According to scripture, “there is no man that sinneth not” (1 Kings 8:46). Solomon added, “for there is not a just man upon earth, that doeth good, and sinneth not” (Ecclesiastes 7:20). “For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God” (Romans 3:23). All men have transgressed God’s holy law, that is, all but one. Only the Lord Jesus Christ walked this earth being tempted in all points, yet without sin (Hebrews 4:15).
• (For children): God only has to say something one time for it to be true. He made sure man was aware of his sinful condition (Psalm 53:1-3; Psalm 130:3; Proverbs 20:9; Isaiah 53:6; 1 John 1:8-10). Thank the Lord for His great love (2 Corinthians 5:21).
• (For everyone): All have sinned; that includes you. Sin must be paid for. What payment for sins have you sought out? Are you trying to earn heaven by your own righteousness?
• Thinking back over your life before you were saved, of what sins did the Lord convict you in order to bring you to the knowledge that you needed to trust His Son?
• If you have never trusted Christ as Saviour, call upon Him now!
• Thank the Lord for allowing you to see your sinful condition.
SONG: HALLELUJAH, WHAT A SAVIOUR!