1 Timothy 4:12 Let no man despise thy youth; but be thou an example of the believers, in word, in conversation, in charity, in spirit, in faith, in purity.
Timothy was a young man who had been nourished up on the pure words of God since childhood (2 Timothy 3:15). His mother and grandmother invested the necessary time to teach him about good and bad, right and wrong. This early development helped him to understand the importance of purity (2 Timothy 1:5). Because these two women brought him up in the nurture and admonition of the Lord, Timothy had been shielded from much of the wickedness and filth to which others were exposed. With this upbringing in mind, Paul called upon Timothy to be an example in purity. Paul stressed the importance of Timothy maintaining his purity so that other believers might be able to see his life and follow in his example.
· (For children): Unfortunately, some children have never read a Bible or ever been to church. If they watched and studied how you talked and behaved, would they want to come with you to church and learn of God’s love?
· (For everyone): Do you seek to live a pure life before your friends, family, and coworkers? Is your life an example of what it means to live pure before the Lord?
· Think of some people that you would consider to be a good example of purity. What makes you think they are a good example? Should you try to incorporate these things in your own life?
· Ask God to make you an example of purity.
· Ask the Lord to provide you with living examples of purity.
Song: Make Me a Channel of Blessing