Hebrews 10:25 Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.
Each week, hopefully several times a week, a body of like-minded believers to which you belong assembles for the purpose of worshipping and glorifying God. According to scripture, we are not to forsake this assembling of believers. In fact, we are to gather more frequently as we see the coming of the Lord drawing nigh. In a day when more churches are cancelling Sunday evening and midweek services, Bible-believing Christians ought to counteract the trend by finding ways to assemble with other believers more frequently. Early believers assembled on a daily basis (Acts 2:46). Maybe this is less convenient during our day and time; but nonetheless, we certainly should be careful not to forsake the times already appointed for assembling together. Determine to be in your place the next time the saints assemble.
- (For children): God’s people repeatedly disobeyed God’s word. He allowed them to be taken out of their land. They missed the house of God and when allowed to return, promised God they would not forsake His house (Nehemiah 10:39). Are you taking the command to go to God’s house for granted?
- (For everyone): Would you attend if your church added additional services? If not, why? What does this say about the condition of your heart and the priorities in your life?
- Do you faithfully attend revival meetings at your church? Do you go for prayer meetings or Bible studies? Are there times when you should be there, but you forsake the assembly?
- Ask the Lord to help you see that He is soon coming.
- Ask God to give you the desire to assemble with other believers.