Matthew 19:3 The Pharisees also came unto him, tempting him, and saying unto him, Is it lawful for a man to put away his wife for every cause?
4 And he answered and said unto them, Have ye not read, that he which made them at the beginning made them male and female,
5 And said, For this cause shall a man leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife: and they twain shall be one flesh?
God instituted marriage and He alone has the right to establish the rightful candidates to join together in this or any other union. Man has no God-given right to interfere with the precepts of God. Everything in creation declares that marriage always includes only a relationship between one man and one woman. Additionally, the marriage bounds are not subject to popular vote of society nor subject to modification by any court or law of the land. Its conditions are set by the highest law and the highest court. God could have presented Adam with another man, but He did not. In God’s eyes, marriage is a specific relationship fulfilled only between one man and one woman (Genesis 2:21-23), and any deviation of this is unseemly and an abomination to God (Leviticus 18:22; Leviticus 20:13; Romans 1:26-27).
• (For children): When Paul was instructing married couples, he referred to them as a husband and wife (1 Corinthians 7:10, 11b). Obviously, a husband is a man and a wife is a woman. For example, Elkanah was called a man and a husband (1 Samuel 1:21-22). Hannah was called a wife and a woman (1 Samuel 1: 2a, 23).
• (For everyone): What are some ways in which creation plainly declares that marriage was made to only exist between a man and a woman? How does the ability to reproduce further authenticate and validate the same truth?
• What are some reasons that it is imperative for a society to have the scriptural viewpoint on the proper candidates for marriage? In what ways could the wrong view spell the society’s demise?
• Ask God to protect your family from unscriptural views.
• Ask the Lord to send your children godly spouses.