Ephesians 2:4 But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,
5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;)
6 And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:
7 That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.
According to the Bible, before a man trusts Christ as Saviour, he remains the enemy of God (Romans 5:10; Colossians 1:21). But God, in His great mercy, saves His enemies as they individually choose to trust in Christ’s payment for their sins. Though a Christian has the indwelling Spirit, he never fully comprehends all that the Lord has done for him through salvation. This is why the Bible says that God’s love passes all knowledge (Ephesians 3:19). However, the more a man draws nigh to God, the more he learns about the kindness God has shown him through Jesus Christ. No matter how much we learn in this life, eternity will continue to reveal to the saints the depths of the kindness of God. No wonder the greatness and marvelous nature of His love is truly beyond comprehension.
· (For children): Name your favorite food, toy, shoes, etc. These things actually came as blessings from God. Ask your parents to explain how “Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above” (James 1:17). Take a moment and contemplate God’s kindness.
· (For everyone): How long would it take for others to figure out the depth of your kindness toward them? How complex is your kindness? Are you even kind to others?
· Have you considered the kindness of God to us through the death of His Son? What are some things about your salvation that display God’s kindness toward you?
· Ask the Lord to show you different ways in which He has been kind to you through His Son.
· Take time to thank the Lord for what He has done for you.
Song: Such Love