Ecclesiastes 11:5 As thou knowest not what is the way of the spirit, nor how the bones do grow in the womb of her that is with child: even so thou knowest not the works of God who maketh all.
Science frequently uses natural reasoning and ordinary terminology to explain away the hand of God as He interacts with mankind. Without God, the more book learning that people get, the more ignorant they seem to become. It should come as no surprise that the Lord said that the last days would be plagued with people who could not see the truth due to their educated state (1 Timothy 6:20; Daniel 12:4; 2 Timothy 3:7). The reality is that the process of bringing a child into this world is a process that declares the handywork of God. It is God that works in the life and health of an unborn child to ensure that the child grows and matures properly. When men seek natural explanations for God’s work, they dismiss the miraculous involvement of God.
• (For children): Although you do not remember God being with you before you were delivered, He was there. Your dependence was upon Him and He cared for you. Read Psalm 22:9-10 and Psalm 71:6. Thank the Lord for taking good care of you.
• (For everyone): God cared for you and provided for you before you ever breathed your first breath outside of your mother’s womb. His care continues for you to this day. How should you thank Him for His care?
• Why is it profitable for us to learn that God cares for the lives of unborn babies? What are some other people groups for which God cares that the world disdains?
• Thank the Lord for His goodness.
• Ask God to change the heart of others concerning the unborn.
SONG: COME, CHRISTIANS, JOIN TO SING