Ecclesiastes 12:1 Remember now thy Creator in the days of thy youth, while the evil days come not, nor the years draw nigh, when thou shalt say, I have no pleasure in them;Introductory Thought
NOW is the ideal time to love and serve the Lord. Some unwise counsel has suggested that young people should go out and experience the world in their youth before they later settle down and serve God once mature. An equally erroneous teaching proclaims that godly parents should raise their children to love and serve the Master at some future time. Both have misled far too many homes! The Lord wants young people to love and serve Him now. One should begin early in life to learn the most important lessons of life. As a child, one should learn “the fear of the LORD” (Psalm 34:11), to “praise the name of the LORD” (Psalm 148:12-13; Matthew 21:15), and to “remember” his Creator (Ecclesiastes 12:1). Like Samuel, children should grow and be “in favour both with the LORD, and also with men” (1 Samuel 2:26).
• (For children): Proverbs 3:1-4 tells how to find favour with God and man. Jesus is a good example for us (Luke 2:51-52). Finding favour with God and man can also be summed up in James 1:22.
• (For everyone): What could a young person do for the Lord? How could a young person walk with the Lord, fear the Lord, praise the Lord, and remember his or her Creator?
• What are some things that Samuel did, even as a youth, to find favour with the Lord and with men? What could you do in youth to find the same type of favour?
• Ask the Lord to help young people give God their youth.
• Ask God to encourage young people to grow in Him.
SONG: LOYALTY TO CHRIST