Psalm 69:5 O God, thou knowest my foolishness; and my sins are not hid from thee.
The Bible says that “The eyes of the LORD are in every place, beholding the evil and the good” (Proverbs 15:3). His eyes are upon all men’s ways: they are not hid from God’s face, neither is their iniquity hid from His eyes (Jeremiah 16:17). “Neither is there any creature that is not manifest in his sight: but all things are naked and opened unto the eyes of him with whom we have to do” (Hebrews 4:13). Regardless of all of man’s efforts, he is completely incapable of hiding his wickedness from a God that fills heaven and earth (Jeremiah 23:24). The Lord knows man’s foolishness (Psalm 69:5); He can search it out although it is hidden in the very depths of man’s heart (Psalm 44:20-21).
• (For children): 1 John 3:20 says, “God . . . knoweth all things.” Consider these other verses that support this truth: Job 10:14; Job 14:16; Job 31:4; Job 34:21; Proverbs 5:21; Jeremiah 32:19; Ezekiel 11:5. Why is it important to know that God knows all things?
• (For everyone): Are you hoping that God cannot see what you are doing? Are you prayerful that God does not know the thoughts of your heart? You are going to be disappointed!
• How does God feel about sin? What does it mean for men that God can plainly see all their sins? Why is it vain for man to seek ways to hide his sins from God?
• Ask the Lord to remind you every day that He can see all.
• Ask God to give you a heart for those who are deceived by sin.
SONG: AMAZING GRACE!