1 Corinthians 11:3 But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.
As the world seeks to further weaken any distinctions between men and women, it becomes even more important to stand firm upon God’s principles. God has a defined order in the home and the worldly attitudes do not alter God’s precepts. Someone has to be the leader of each home and bear the responsibility. According to 1 Corinthians 11:3, the proper order is a woman submitted to a man, who is submitted to Christ, who is submitted to the heavenly Father. Christ’s submission to the Father in no way suggested inferiority to the Father, nor does a submissive wife indicate any type of inferiority to her husband. In fact, it takes a stronger woman to follow God’s plan of submission. A godly home follows the scripture even when it contradicts the generally accepted teachings of the day.
- (For children): God is not the author of confusion (1 Corinthians 14:33). How could anyone play “Follow the Leader” if everyone decided that they wanted to be the leader? God set up the order of leadership in the home (Ephesians 5:22-23; Ephesians 6:1).
- (For everyone): The order of the home was established in Genesis 3:16, if not earlier. Why is it important that the husband/father be the head of the home?
- The fact that the man is to be the head of the home in no way suggests that he is better than the wife/mother. How can this be proven from 1 Corinthians 11:3?
- Ask the Lord to restore the proper order to your home.
- Ask God to help each member of the family to fulfil his/her role.
SONG: GOD GIVE US CHRISTIAN HOMES