Isaiah 52:7 How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of him that bringeth good tidings, that publisheth peace; that bringeth good tidings of good, that publisheth salvation; that saith unto Zion, Thy God reigneth!
Believers understand why the world seems completely oblivious to its true need. Yes, the world needs peace but not the peace they suspect – absence of war! Bible students recognize that trusting Jesus Christ is the means whereby individuals can quench their thirst for peace. This knowledge of the truth carries with it a grave responsibility along with a marvellous privilege. The scripture points to the beauty of the feet of those that “bringeth good tidings, that publisheth peace; that bringeth good tidings of good, that publisheth salvation; that saith unto Zion, Thy God reigneth!” Why are the feet mentioned as being so beautiful? The feet of the man carry him to publish peace. Similar phraseology appears in Nahum 1:15. Those who know God’s peace are blessed with the responsibility and granted the opportunity to take that message of peace to others.
· (For children): Ask dad or mom for a good gospel tract that you can give to others. When you give someone a tract with the gospel message, God says your feet are beautiful because you are telling others about Him.
· (For everyone): Do you know God’s peace? Are you publishing that peace to a lost and dying world so cumbered with fear and distress?
· If you had the cure for cancer, would you tell cancer patients about the cure? If you had the answer to somebody’s problem, would you tell him the solution? You should! Do you know the One who offers peace? Whom have you loved enough to tell?
· Ask the Lord to burden you for the lost.
· Ask God to give you strength to publish peace.
Song: Rescue the Perishing