Proverbs 30:12 There is a generation that are pure in their own eyes, and yet is not washed from their filthiness.
Our flesh makes us naturally prone to rebellion and uncleanness. Yet, fewer and fewer people seem willing to accept this Bible truth. Most men would rather continue in uncleanness while pretending to live pure before the Lord. According to our passage, “There is a generation that are pure in their own eyes, and yet is not washed from their filthiness.” It is impossible to be simultaneously pure and filthy. We may understand this from a practical standpoint but refuse to accept it spiritually. True purity is never based on man’s opinion but upon God’s unwavering point of view. The word of God remains the only mechanism for determining truth and error. Instead of repenting and striving to align with God’s viewpoint, the worldly Christian will claim purity while walking in his filthiness. Unfortunately, Christians are moving away from the truth rather than toward it.
· (For children): The children of Israel knew God’s laws. Yet, they thought they were doing right in asking Aaron to make them a god. God was displeased and brought judgment. We should always do what God’s word says, not simply what we think or feel is right.
· (For everyone): Why do so many claim purity while living in the filth of this world? How should our love for God change this? Do you love God or this world?
· When we stand before the Lord, He is going to judge us based on His word. He and His word will be the absolute standard of purity. How should this change the way we live today?
· Ask the Lord to help you seek after genuine purity.
· Ask God to help you make His word your standard of purity.
Song: Cleanse Me