Psalm 25:21 Let integrity and uprightness preserve me; for I wait on thee.
It has often been said that ignorance is bliss, meaning that to be wise is folly. Nothing can be further from the truth. As with most areas of life, a man must recognize the benefits of integrity before he will truly find its protection of utmost importance. Our passage describes one benefit of integrity when it says that integrity preserves a person. Preservation can refer to several areas like being kept from trouble or kept from death. Both of these would be considered invaluable. Additionally, the Bible says that integrity upholds the believer (Psalm 41:12). This means that the Lord holds men up in the midst of troublous times. Proverbs 11:3 declares another benefit: “The integrity of the upright shall guide them.” Praise God! Integrity guides men in the right way and keeps them from trouble!
· (For children): Doing and saying the right things from the heart will keep you out of trouble. What happens when you lie, steal, fight, or talk back? Wouldn’t you rather have gladness inside (Psalm 97:11)?
· (For everyone): Are you constantly getting into trouble? Do you struggle to walk on the right paths of life? When you do, this is likely because of a lack of integrity.
· Do you care about your integrity? Do you strive to live a holy and clean life before the Lord and others? Are you willing to endure hardness and trials simply to retain your integrity? What would it take for you to recognize its importance?
· Ask the Lord to clean you up both inside and out.
· Ask the Lord to remind you of these benefits on a daily basis.
Song: Take My Life, and Let It Be