Isaiah 33:22 For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; he will save us.
The government of the United States of America was established with three branches (Legislative, Executive, and Judicial) in an effort to keep any one individual or group from gaining an unreasonable amount of power. This government system of three branches was derived from Isaiah 33:22. Because man is sinful, when he is in authority, it is dangerous for one man or one group of people to make the laws (Legislative), carry out the laws (Executive), and evaluate the laws (Judicial). Yet, one day, the Lord Jesus Christ will come and establish His earthly kingdom while sitting upon the throne of His father David. When He comes, Christ will fulfil each branch of government as the judge, the lawgiver, and the king.
- (For children): Jesus is God. The Bible says He knew no sin (2 Corinthians 5:21), He did no sin (1 Peter 2:22), and He had no sin in Him (1 John 3:5). He is the only one who can reign perfectly (Isaiah 9:6-7; Jeremiah 23:5-6).
- (For everyone): What do the three branches of government prove about the founding fathers’ knowledge of the scripture? What does it prove about their understanding of the corruptness of natural men?
- When Jesus Christ unites these three branches of government, man will enjoy the peace and safety that no human government could provide. Why will any other attempt to unite these three fail miserably?
- Thank the Lord for the time when Christ will come and reign.
- Thank God for the knowledge He gave to our founding fathers.
SONG: GIVE ME JESUS