2 Corinthians 4:13 We having the same spirit of faith, according as it is written, I believed, and therefore have I spoken; we also believe, and therefore speak;
Faith moves a believer to speak on the Lord’s behalf. If an individual believed a building would burn to the ground, he would naturally desire to warn those in danger. Believers in like manner desire to tell the lost of the judgment to come. Those who truly believe God’s impending judgment to be real and the way of salvation to be unquestionably necessary will naturally desire for their loved ones to learn these truths before eternally too late. If a person claims to have trusted the gospel for salvation but lacks a desire to tell others, that person should examine his conversion to confirm its genuineness.
- (For children): When we get a new toy, clothes, etc., we cannot wait to tell others. This applies to one’s salvation too. It is the most important thing that can happen to anyone (Mark 8:36). Our sins are forgiven and we get to be with God forever (John 3:16). We should desire most of all to tell others this good news.
- (For everyone): Why should it be natural for a believer to want others to know the gospel of the Lord Jesus? What does it suggest if that desire does not exist in you?
- Are any of your immediate family members lost? Do any of your friends confess that they have never asked the Lord Jesus to be their Saviour? What are you going to do to help them?
- Ask the Lord to examine your heart for a desire to witness.
- Ask God to work in the hearts of your friends and loved ones.
Quotes from the next volume
(VOLUME 3, WEEK 51)
The excessive presence of violence conveys much about the nature of any time, past or present.
Riches do not take away a man’s desire for violence. In fact, riches often promote a man’s hunger for violence. Many have suggested that poverty lies at the root of much of the violence in the world; however, the scriptures teach otherwise.
When men cannot fulfil the lusts of their flesh in a righteous manner, they often resort to any means necessary, including violence.