Psalm 12:6 The words of the LORD are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times.
God is pure in every way. It logically follows that a pure God speaks only pure words. The Bible insures that we know the truth about these matters. According to scripture, “the commandment of the LORD is pure, enlightening the eyes” (Psalm 19:8). The writer later adds, “Thy word is very pure: therefore thy servant loveth it” (Psalm 119:140). Both verses speak of the word of God in its entirety. In other words, the word of God (all 66 books) is without any foreign substance that would defile it in any way. The scripture also declares that the “words of the LORD are pure words” (Psalm 12:6). Again, which words? The Lord insures that there is no excuse for not understanding that “Every word of God is pure” (Proverbs 30:5). The Devil hates God and the things of God. He wants the world to believe that the Bible has been defiled. God claims otherwise. Who will you believe; God or the Devil?
- (For children): We do not see God now, but one day we will. Until then, He wants us to read and believe the Bible just as much as if He were standing right in front of us and speaking. The Bible is the most important book you’ll ever own or read.
- (For everyone): What does it mean to you to think that the Bible is God’s pure words? Are you willing to accept God’s word as being free from error and man’s defilement?
- The purity of God’s word should motivate believers to love it. Do you love the word of God? Do you spend time in it on a daily basis? Do you meditate on its contents throughout the day?
- Ask the Lord to help you accept every word of God as pure.
- Ask God to give you a deeper love and appreciation for His word.
Song: I Know the Bible Is True