Philemon 6 That the communication of thy faith may become effectual by the acknowledging of every good thing which is in you in Christ Jesus.
God has called the saved to be His ambassadors (2 Corinthians 5:20), and as such, Christians are to take God’s truth to a lost and dying world. This message must be communicated. Due mostly to man’s ever increasing dependence upon technology, Christians have lost their effectiveness in communicating with others. This may seem insignificant, until one considers how it has weakened our ability to communicate our faith. Fewer people today will knock on a door and tell a stranger that he must be born again. Even fewer will stand upon a street corner and communicate the words of God to those who pass by. The saved must once again become willing to go forth and tell family and stranger alike that Jesus saves.
- (For children): In Psalm 89:1, the psalmist said he would use his mouth to tell what God had done for him. We should not fear for God is with us (Isaiah 41:13). Read some of the examples from the book of Acts of people who used their mouths for the Lord (Acts 5:18-21; Acts 8:35; Acts 16:32; Acts 18:26).
- (For everyone): Are you saved? If so, do you ever communicate the gospel to those who do not know Jesus as their Saviour? Are you ashamed of the gospel of Christ (Romans 1:16)?
- What hinders you from telling others about what the Lord has done in your life? Why are you so fearful of telling them that Jesus Christ came to die for their sins?
- Ask the Lord to conquer your fears so you can witness to others.
- Ask God to teach you how to communicate your faith.
SONG: NEVER BE AFRAID
Quotes from the next volume
(VOLUME 4, WEEK 29)
The words that enter a man’s ears eventually fill his heart and mind with thoughts of good or bad. It is, therefore, crucial that a man guards not only the words that exit his mouth but also the words that enter his ears.
As ambassadors for Christ, it is imperative that believers speak only those things which are righteous and becoming of the gospel of Christ.
The world consistently blasphemes the name of the Lord. To them, God’s name is nothing more than a word to be included in their cursing.