Psalm 9:10 And they that know thy name will put their trust in thee: for thou, LORD, hast not forsaken them that seek thee.
One does not have to read much Bible before finding that God is completely worthy of man’s trust. The Lord preserved Noah and his family from a worldwide flood. God gave Abraham and Sarah a son long after it was thought to be physically possible. The Lord delivered the Israelites from Egypt and led them through a barren wilderness, providing their every need on the way to the land of Canaan. The Lord gave David a great victory when he faced the giant Goliath. God sent His only begotten Son to die on the cross for the sins of the world. He brought His Son out of the grave and now hears that Son as He intercedes on behalf of believers. No wonder David said, “they that know thy name will put their trust in thee.”
- (For children): Paul’s desire was to know God (Philippians 3:10a). Read about his trust in God’s word even in the midst of a bad storm (Acts 27:22-25). Oh, that we might read God’s word, get to know Him better, and believe that “it shall be” even as He tells us (Acts 27:25).
- (For everyone): What are some things you have learned about the Lord from reading your Bible? How have these things pushed you to trust in the Lord?
- Do you fail to trust in the Lord even though you know He is the only one capable of helping you in your time of trouble? Why? Is it possible you do not truly believe what you have read in the Bible?
- Ask the Lord to show you even more reasons to trust Him.
- Thank the Lord for allowing you to know His name.
Quotes from the next volume
(VOLUME 3, WEEK 45)
A steward is a man of great responsibility. He may have a greater or lesser area of oversight, but he always has something placed under his care that is of great importance to the master of the house.
Whether the master of the house is present or absent, the steward is to do as he has been commissioned by the one who owns that for which he is a steward.
Every believer will stand before the Lord Jesus Christ to give an account for his stewardship while on this earth.