John 6:9 There is a lad here, which hath five barley loaves, and two small fishes: but what are they among so many?
Young people often underestimate how the Lord might use them for His glory even at an early age. Yet, the Lord frequently used children and young people to accomplish great feats. One such case is the testimony of the unnamed lad who supplied five barley loaves and two small fishes. Though his name and age are unknown, his selflessness and availability are not. The Lord took his insignificant meal and multiplied it until it was able to feed five thousand men, plus women and children. The Lord did not refuse the lad for service due to his inexperience or inabilities. He merely needed the lad’s availability. In like manner, God desires to use young people today. All He needs is for a young person to make himself available and leave the results to God.
- (For children): A little maid who was being held captive in a foreign land saw her master suffering and told her master’s wife that God could help him. This brought about Naaman’s healing and introduced him to the Lord of the little maid (2 Kings 5:1-19). You too can help people by simply telling them to read God’s word and go to the house of God.
- (For everyone): Has the Lord ever used you to accomplish His work? How did it feel to be used by God? Do you want Him to continue to use you in His service?
- Name some other children or young people from the Bible who served the Lord. Why did the Lord use them? Why would He use you?
- Ask God to use you in His service.
- Thank God for His ability to use you regardless of your age.
SONG: WHO IS ON THE LORD’S SIDE?