Matthew 1:18 Now the birth of Jesus Christ was on this wise: When as his mother Mary was espoused to Joseph, before they came together, she was found with child of the Holy Ghost.
A tremendous spiritual and physical battle wages around the value of life and the determination of when life begins. Unfortunately, Christians have incorporated the unscriptural terminology of the world by allowing the opposition to define these most important matters. This is especially true concerning the birth of a child. According to the Bible, a woman who is expecting is said to be “with child” (Genesis 16:11; Matthew 1:18). Modern terminology removes the direct association of the unborn to life. Sadly, the termination of the unborn life is simply labeled as an “abortion” rather than murder (the ungodly shedding of innocent blood). To abort means the cancellation of a mission. A woman who is “with child” has another living soul “with” her. As time progresses in the child’s development within the womb, the mother becomes “great with child” (Luke 2:5) until she is “ready to be delivered” (Revelation 12:4; see also 1 Samuel 4:19; Isaiah 26:17).
• (For children): The Bible refers to a babe in the womb as a child (John 16:21; 1 Thessalonians 5:3). The child is very much alive and can move and hear (Genesis 25:22; Luke 1:39-44). Exodus 21:22-23 confirms that an unborn child is a living soul.
• (For everyone): Read what the Lord said to Jeremiah (Jeremiah 1:5). What did the Lord mean when He said that He “formed” Jeremiah in the belly? Was Jeremiah a living soul before he was brought “forth out of the womb”?
• Does the Lord care for the lives of unborn children? Why does the world want to depart from scriptural language?
• Thank God for caring for those who cannot care for themselves.
• Ask God to give you a greater understanding of the value of life.
SONG: BE STILL, MY SOUL