Hebrews 10:36 For ye have need of patience, that, after ye have done the will of God, ye might receive the promise.
Patience functions as an essential attribute in the life of every faithful believer. The Bible clearly points to patience as necessary for the development of experience and hope (Romans 5:3-5). Additionally, patience makes the believer “perfect and entire, wanting nothing” (James 1:4). In fact, Peter’s second epistle promises that the believer possessing patience “shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ” (2 Peter 1:5-9). Therefore, the Bible seems to emphatically proclaim that men “have need of patience” (Hebrews 10:36). Patience is especially necessary in times of trial and during periods of uncertainty. Patience will not be necessary in eternity, but life on earth presents times that demand the utmost patience.
· (For children): Do you have trouble waiting in lines at the store? Do you want to do better? Ask the Lord to give you more lines in which to wait. Then practice making the waiting better: practice your Bible verses, talk to other children close by, thank God for the things you are able to purchase.
· (For everyone): Do you want hope? Do you want to be more complete in your Christian walk? Do you want to know more of the power of Christ in your life? If so, patience serves as your source for these things.
· Many people have been taught to avoid praying for patience, but the Bible is clear that we need patience. Do you want what God says you need? Will you trust God to work out matters so that patience comes in God’s time and His way?
· Ask God to give you a desire for things that accompany patience.
· Ask God to give you boldness to pray for patience.
Song: God Will Take Care of You