Isaiah 22:11 Ye made also a ditch between the two walls for the water of the old pool: but ye have not looked unto the maker thereof, neither had respect unto him that fashioned it long ago.
The Lord never has nor ever will compete for the respect of man. The Bible says, “The LORD he is God; there is none else beside him” (Deuteronomy 4:35). God said, “I am the LORD, and there is none else, there is no God beside me” (Isaiah 45:5). Yet, God desires fellowship with mankind. He does not need it, but for reasons that only He knows, He desires it. For this reason, He invites mankind to “look unto” Him and be saved (Isaiah 45:22). He not only desires man’s respect, but even more so, He deserves it. No god can do for man what God has done for man in sending His Son to the cross. In spite of all that God has done for man, men still refuse to look to their Maker and have the utmost respect for Him (Isaiah 22:11).
• (For children): Read Numbers 21:5-9. Compare this to John 3:14-18. The only way to be saved is to “look” unto the true and living God (Hebrews 12:2).
• (For everyone): Have you looked unto the Lord for salvation? Have you respected Him in lieu of the gods of this world? Will you give Him preference in every facet of your life?
• How has mankind disrespected God by following after false gods which “speak not,” “see not,” “hear not,” “smell not,” “handle not,” and “walk not” (Psalm 115:1-8)?
• If you have not trusted Christ as Saviour, call upon Him!
• Ask the Lord to help you have “respect unto him” daily.
SONG: LOOK AND LIVE